Functional text is used everyday information. It is called functional because it helps you function in your day-to-day life. For example, if you wanted to know your friend’s phone number, yuou would look in a phone book. If your wanted to say something to someone who is absent, you would leave a message If you took a medicine, you would need to read the directions.
- A leaflet is a small book or piece of paper advertising something or giving information on particular subject.
- Tips to give the readers a helpful piece of advice
- A chart is information that is clearly arranged in the form of simple picture or set of figures.
- A table is a list of numbers, facts, or information arrangd in rows across ad down a page
- A label is a piece of paper or another material that is attached to something and gives information about it.
- Particular information can be found from various sources such as tips, charts, label, and notices.